L2TP macOS Sierra
For macOS Sierra users: PPTP is NOT supported anymore
If you have just upgraded to macOS Sierra, your previous VPN connection will not work.
Please use the OpenVPN protocol or L2TP with Tunnelblick:
Click below for instructions for macOS Sierra users
OpenVPN for Sierra L2TP for Sierra
Setup Instructions for OS X El Capitan and below
1. Click the Apple logo, and then select System Preferences
2. Click on Network
3. Click on the + sign.
4. Interface: VPN
5. VPN Type: L2TP over IPSec
6. Service Name: BTGuard VPN (L2TP)
7. Click Create
8. Server Address: vpn.btguard.com
Optional: To manually select your server location, please use ca.vpn.btguard.com for Canada or eu.vpn.btguard.com for Europe or sg.vpn.btguard.com for Singapore.
9. Account Name:
Both username and password are case sensitive. Make sure not to add/forget Capital Letters.
10. Check Show VPN status in menu bar
11. Click Authentication Settings
12. Enter your password Both username and password are case sensitive. Make sure not to add/forget Capital Letters.
13. Enter Shared Secret btguard and click OK
14. Click Advanced
15. Check Send all traffic over VPN connection
16. Click Apply
How To Connect
1. Click the above icon, located in the top right corner.
2. Select Connect BTGuard VPN
If successful, a connection timer will begin.